Monday, June 29, 2015

Molding phase 1

After painting the walls of the front room, dining room, and entryway dark gray, the edges where the walls meet the ceiling were not looking great. Partly because my paint line was uneven, partly because the walls and ceiling are textured (which creates some unpleasant nooks & crannies that are difficult to even out, paint wise). Our plan was to add molding at the ceiling anyhow, which gives a more finished look. Eventually we will add a larger and prettier molding, but one day I couldn't stand the unevenness anymore and went into a nailing frenzy - using some thin molding that I had already purchased for a different project. I quickly ran out of molding and had to make another trip to Lowe's and get more. It only took about $20 worth of molding to go around the entire dining room, front room, and entryway, and it is very simple in style, but I think it makes a big difference.











 We will upgrade the molding later, but I like it much more now already! 


No comments:

Post a Comment